litchi tast sweet, delicious and small fruit. Not only juicy to eat, this seasonal fruit is one of the sources of vitamins and nutrients. It contains essential minerals for the human body.
As beneficial as litchi
Litchi contains vitamins A and C, various minerals like magnesium, manganese, copper, folate which help in making blood components. Contains antioxidants that enhance the radiance of our skin.
Litchi contains a lot of potassium which reduces the pressure in our blood and vessels and increases the normal speed of blood. So one of the benefits of consuming litchi is to control blood pressure. As it contains a lot of vitamin C, it increases our immunity and protects us from bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Litchi contains Vitamin C which is beneficial for skin, teeth and bones. Each 100 grams of litchi contains 31 mg of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in curing various skin diseases and scurvy.
Litchi is a good source of energy. Each 100 grams of litchi provides 61 kcal of energy. It lowers cholesterol levels in the body. Helps to reduce fat as well. Moreover, litchi contains food-digesting fiber, vitamins and anti-oxidants. Litchi also reduces the risk of cancer in the human body. Destroys cancer cells. It contains flavonoids that help prevent breast cancer.
Excessive litchi side effects that can occur
Just as litchi is beneficial for health, it is also incomparable in skin care. Litchi helps to brighten the skin and reduce wrinkles. Apply vitamin-E capsules mixed with litchi chutney on sunburned skin and wait for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
1) Lowers blood glucose. Litchi helps lower our blood glucose. So if you eat too much, it can cause hypoglycemia, especially during Iftar. Those who have diabetes, those who control it through medication, should be careful in taking litchi. This is because drugs can lower blood glucose and if litchi does the same thing, any danger can occur. Under no circumstances should young children eat litchi on an empty stomach. The consequences can be terrible.
2) Low blood pressure - Excessive litchi eating can lower blood pressure abnormally. Symptoms may include shortness of breath, palpitations, dizziness, and nausea.
3) Litchi is a hot fruit - Being a hot fruit, eating too much litchi destroys the balance of our normal body temperature, resulting in sore throat, sores inside the mouth and even nosebleeds, especially due to the current weather in our country.
4) Eating litchi can increase the incidence of various diseases - If you eat more litchi continuously for several days, various diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lupus etc. can be increased due to excessive increase in our immunity.
5) Risk of eating extra litchi in surgery patients: Those who need surgery should refrain from eating litchi for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery as it has a direct effect on blood pressure and blood glucose.